Membership & Local Leagues
- Our members are passionate activists who support our work in all 50 states and in more than 700 communities.
- Joining the League of Women Voters is a great way to get involved in your community and play an active role in our democracy. To become a League member, join one of the 700+ state and local Leagues.
- Our volunteers work year-round to register new voters, host community forums and debates, and provide voters with election information they need. We engage at the local and state levels on legislative priorities and efforts to improve our elections and protect our democracy.
- Connect with your Local League to volunteer today!
WHY SHOULD I JOIN?
Through participation in League projects, you will:
- contribute valuable service to the community
- gain knowledge and experience through the study and discussion of timely and important topics
- discover new interests, develop new skills and learn about crucial issues in your community
- make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships as you meet others in League who share your interests
HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE?
It’s up to you! Many members choose to support the League only with their annual dues. Your membership alone gives us the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change. We cover a broad spectrum of issues and concerns; you may choose to become involved in one or more of them by actively participating in a group study, or listening to a panel of experts at a meeting or just reading about them in one of our publications.
WHAT DO I GET?
You automatically become a member of LWV Michigan and LWV of the United States. You will receive their publications along with the newsletter from the Delta County League of Women Voters called LWV of Delta County Newsletter which is usually published 1-2 times each year . You will have the knowledge that you are adding your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington DC, the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong.
HOW DO I JOIN?
It’s easy! Just fill out a membership form.
Contact us at 906-786-9261 or use the Contact form. We’d be happy to answer any questions you might have.