Making Democracy Work
The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
IMPORTANT LINKS below for the 2020 Election Information
Encourage eligible voters to register to vote. Don’t wait. Register to vote ASAP. Michigan Voter Information Center https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/
· Not sure if you’re registered? Check at https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/
· Apply early for an absentee ballot. https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/
· Promote VOTE411. People are apt to vote if they know what’s on their ballot before they vote www.VOTE411.org
VOTE BEFORE ELECTION DAY FROM HOME BY ABSENTEE BALLOT
· Return your ballot – do it early. Drop in person or use a drop box https://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/Ballot_Dropbox_Locations_697191_7.pdf
· Poll workers are the heart and soul of our elections. They help us vote. They make sure our voices are heard. Our communities need more poll workers for the November 3 election, sign up today.
· Election Security in Michigan https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1633_100423—,00.html
CENSUS 101 – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Find out what you need to know about the census
League membership is open to women and men who are 16 years or older. Joining the League provides opportunities to learn and lead, offer voter services in your local community, work on issues important to you and your family, and become part of a larger network across the country. We plan activities and events that are both fun and personally fulfilling. To learn more about joining the Delta County LWV click on the link above.
THE LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS OF DELTA COUNTY
The Delta County League has always kept its focus on Voter Services. We are respected in our community for non-partisan candidate forums and voter education. Our printed Voter Guides in election years are sought out, and we actively promote the use of Vote411 as an online tool. We present public programs on timely topics. In the near future, we hope to educate our citizens on the importance of participating in the 2020 census. Our only fund raiser is an Annual Used Book Sale in early August. Membership meetings are normally held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month.