To view your sample ballot for upcoming elections, go to the Michigan Voter Information Center
and enter your voter information.
Who is Eligible for an Absent Voter Ballot?
A registered voter may obtain an absent voter ballot if they are:
- age 60 years old or older
- unable to vote without assistance at the polls
- expecting to be out of town on election day
- in jail awaiting arraignment or trial
- unable to attend the polls due to religious reasons
- appointed to work as an election inspector in a precinct outside of your precinct of residence.
To download an application for an absentee ballot and learn more, go to the Michigan Voter Information Center
To Request an Emergency Absentee Ballot
Go to this page of the Michigan Voter Information Center for the rules on getting and using an emergency absentee ballot.